Monday 8 February 2010

baby rattle


Because I've been working on larger projects and was feeling down that none of them were even close to being finished I kinda lost the rag
I wanted something quick and easy and when Let's Knit arrived on my doorstep this morning with two balls of neon yarn and some quick easy projects to make with them I dived right in

To whit I made a baby rattle
why, because it was the least offensive really, they were all bright yellow or green socks or vile bonnets and this at least seemed practical for yarn that wasn't very nice to wash (imagine giving baby projects for hand wash only yarn!)

Sure it's not the most fabulous thing I've ever done, but it does rattle and waggle and do what it's meant to, and in nice wool it might even some day be attractive

I just wonder and perhaps it's rhetorical should we use hard to launder yarn for projects that are going to get a lot of wear or bite the bullet and use the horrible squeaky stuff that can go in the tumbledrier, questions, questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment